Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Real Steel



            Hey trainers! The Pokémon Company has just released a new Pokémon evolution of Honedge named Doublade. Feel free to check it out for yourselves here. https://www.facebook.com/Pokemon Today, I’ll be giving my first impression of it.


            After talking with friends online and off, I can definitely say this reveal was very unexpected. Rumors had led me to believe the reveal today would consist of; Mega Raichu, Helioptile’s evolution, or the final forms of Chespin, Froakie, and Fennekin. However, to my liking we were instead shown Doublade, which just goes to show that Pokémon is very unpredictable and has plenty of surprises left for us!
          
 Doublade:

According to the image above, Doublade is a Steel/Ghost type, and has the ability “No Guard.” For those that don’t know, No Guard is an awesome ability that can be used in and out of battle. Currently, it allows all attacks used by a Pokémon with the ability to never miss including when attacking Foe’s using moves such as; Bounce, Dive, Dig, Fly, Shadow Force, and Sky Drop. While outside of battle the Ability also increases the encounter rate of wild Pokémon, only if the Pokémon is leading the Party.
                                             
The best defense is a good offense!

My first impression of this sharp looking Pokémon is pretty good, despite the fact that people have started to complain about the design. While its structure seems to be its pre-form Honedge, doubled and colored pink, this is not so. The changes are subtle, for example, the sheaths are a new design, as well as the Hilt’s now more jagged edge on one side.

Overall, I’m not too sure whether Doublade will have an evolution or not, it would be interesting if they had a stage two with either a shield, or a larger sword and two arms to represent a two handed weapon. Either way I think Doublade is a great installment to the generation, and fits the theme of France really well. With his typing and Ability, he’s a definite contender for my team, come October 12th!


That’s it for today trainers, To Be Continued!


            

1 comment:

  1. I agree, I think it's a cool Pokemon! I definitely enjoy it more than the previous steel-types in past generations, like Beldum, Bronzor, Klink, etc. (and their evolutions of course) I see a lot of people complaining about it on Facebook, "Ooh its uncreative, wtf Gamefreak" but what gamer doesn't like swords?? Its cooler than a pile of eggs, or a hunk of garbage. (Dont get me wrong, I have respect for Exeggcute and Trubbish/Garbodor)
    Anyway, I think the typing is really unique and LOVE its ability. Hoping it evolves into a trio of swords with a shield in the middle, it will make a great protector, no one's gonna mess with me when my Doublade is around! The only thing that bothers me is the coloring, that went from blue to pink. I think this Pokemon would pertain to more people if it had stayed blue or even turned red. Heck, maybe more guys would like it if it was purple even. BUT, I am a girl so I don't mind having a badass pink double-sword Pokemon ^-^ true Pokemon trainers have love for all Pokemon.

    ReplyDelete